The veterinary profession is in continuously adapting to the social and technological evolution. Life Long Learning is a process of acquisition of relevant and adequate competencies, which is not included in the formal academic degree studies. This type of learning is important to consolidate and update knowledge acquired through professional practice as is recognized by the majority of the professionals in the EU Countries (Vet2020, 2003).
FMV is involved in LLL/CPD and presents every year a number of courses. FMV also collaborates with other institutions in developing specific courses adapted to the needs felt by professionals in several areas of veterinary medicine.
The post graduation courses allow professionals to complete the knowledge acquired in the graduate training, in specific scientific areas.
Other Courses are:
- Animal experimentation Course (100h)
- Course of cytology for clinicians (15h)
- Fluid-therapy for bovines and equines course (12h)
- Environmental toxicology (16h)
- Quality control of food (12h)
- Rapid methods of diagnosis in the food chain(16h)
- Chemical residues in food (14h)
- Inspection of establishments in the food chain (16h)
- Risk assessment and risk management (16h)
- Veterinary endocrinology refreshing course (15h)
- Basic techniques on emergency and intensive care (10h)
Mrs. Maria Teresa Inácio
Tel. + 351 21 365 2801/02 or 21 365 2800 (ext. 1002)